Lutein and Zeaxanthin
- Lutein and are the only carotenoids reported to be present in the eye lens.
- Recommended daily intake of Lutein is approximately 10 mg and Zeaxanthin is 2mg.
- AREDS 2 recommended at a ratio 5:1 of Lutein and Zeaxanthin along with their common metabolite meso zeaxanthin (commonly referred to as macular pigments), which reduce the progression of dry AMD to advanced AMD.
- Protective role in the macula
» Filter short wave blue light
» Antioxidant functions
- Low levels of dietary lutein intake associated with high neovascular AMD prevalence.
What's in the box